Novus Semiconductors Co., Ltd. (Novusem) has been successfully certified as a high-tech enterprise in 2022, which is both an honor and a motivational force. By upholding the principle of "being realistic and earnest", we will continue to provide comprehensive application solutions for fields such as PV inverters, energy storage, EV charging, on-board chargers (OBCs), and automotive electronics. We will also be committed to meeting customer demands with excellent performance and creating value for our customers.
High-tech enterprises are resident enterprises registered in China (excluding Hong Kong, Macao, and Taiwan) for more than one year in the high-tech fields supported by the state, which continuously carry out R&D and transformation of technological achievements, form core independent intellectual property rights, and carry out production and business activities on this basis. Being certified as a national high-tech enterprise is the most prestigious honor for a technology-based enterprise. After being certified as a national high-tech enterprise, a company can apply for accreditation from many other national technology-based projects.
Application requirements for being certified as a high-tech enterprise:
(1) An enterprise must be registered and established for more than one year when applying for accreditation.
(2) The enterprise has acquired the ownership of intellectual property rights that play a core supporting role in technologies for its main products (or services) by means of independent R&D, transfer, donation, merger, acquisition, etc.
(3) Technologies that play a core supporting role in the main products (or services) of the enterprise fall within the scope of the "High-tech Fields Supported by the State".
(4) The proportion of scientific and technological personnel engaged in R&D and related technological innovation activities in the enterprise is no less than 10% of the total number of employees that year.
(5) The proportion of the total R&D expenses of the enterprise in the total sales revenue of the same period within the past three fiscal years (calculated based on the actual operating period for those with an actual operating period of less than three years, the same below) shall meet the following requirements:
1. For enterprises with sales revenue of less than RMB 50 million (inclusive) in the past year, the proportion shall be no less than 5%.
2. For enterprises with sales revenue of RMB 50 million to RMB 200 million (inclusive) in the past year, the proportion shall be no less than 4%.
3. For enterprises with sales revenue of more than RMB 200 million in the past year, the proportion shall be no less than 3%.
Among them, the total R&D expenses incurred by the enterprise in the Chinese mainland shall account for no less than 60% of the total R&D expenses.
(6) The proportion of revenue from high-tech products (or services) in the past year shall be no less than 60% of the total revenue of the enterprise in the same period.
(7) The evaluation of the enterprise's innovation capabilities shall meet the corresponding requirements.
(8) There shall be no major safety and quality incidents or serious environmental violations within one year before the application for accreditation.